Monday 6 April 2009

[Wow, there are lots of days left] Monastiraki

Don't know if I mentioned the drowning in humidity thing we had the first night of the hostel, but we did. Since then we've left our downstairs window open and locked the shutters as tightly as we can. Out of all of us, I was the only one who caught a cold though. So now we can't go out in the rain, because like hell I'm letting it turn into something worse.



Today the roads are rivers, so we can't do any of the planned things we wanted to do. The one museum we can do is in Piraeus, and the metro line has maintenance on it until tomorrow (when we leave for Corinth). Our other options are the Sounion (outdoors) or the Kerameikos (outdoors). We're saving those for our last two days in Athens as I want to get rid of my cold before I even try to go outside in rain like this. I'm hoping Corinth is exempt from Athens' bad weather.



We went to the Monastiraki yesterday! I bought lots of things and had the best moussaka. We're definitely going back to that place. I think I'll have moussaka for the rest of the trip. I'm going to so have to learn how to make it the Greek way and make some at home. It's so nice (and so unhealthy but we've yet to find any healthy greek food! Apart from salad of course and even then it's coated in feta cheese!).



I bought some gifts for people. I still need to get a few more things though~ Of course I can't say what they are, but they're very 'greek' and touristy. I want to get a few more things but I'll wait until we get back from Corinth to buy them...

Today is a washout so I'm grabbing my blanket and huddling up next to a heater with my sniffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment